Or Nights & Weekends
Accommodating, Personalized Attention
Creative Solutions To Your Specific Legal Problem
Credit Cards Accepted For Payment
You Can Reach Me Even After Business Hours

Continue The Financial Support You Need

If you have always been supported by your spouse or stopped working when you had children, you probably feel ill-equipped to handle the financial implications of your divorce. While you may have given thought to the support you will most likely receive after the divorce, what about the interim period — that time between the filing and the actual divorce?

At the Law Firm of Kevin Stuart Cavanaugh, I help clients who find themselves in this situation file formal orders for temporary or emergency support. As you face the prospect of a severely altered home life, make sure you get the financial assistance you need to survive and support any children you may have from the marriage.

Making Arrangements For Your Children

If you have traditionally been the parent who has spent the most time with your children, nurturing them and caring for their day-to-day needs, I can also help you file temporary orders for custody until a permanent decision can be made. If both parties agree to the temporary custodial arrangements, I can help devise a parenting plan to make sure that children are able to spend ample time with both parents. Should your spouse object to the arrangements, I will support you in your position or help you negotiate a compromise if you are amenable to the idea. Remember that the courts and judges want both spouses very involved in the parenting of their children and try to look at your situation with that in mind.

Promoting Candidness

Making temporary custodial and support arrangements during the interim of your divorce case can be as important as the final decisions related to these areas. Throughout the process, I encourage clients to be very candid about their situation, their financial status and their desires regarding their children’s custodial arrangements.

I look forward to speaking with you about getting the support you need through the duration of your divorce case and helping you find resolution so that you can successfully move forward.

Contact My Office In Leawood

From my offices in Leawood , I represent clients in family law matters throughout the Kansas City area in Kansas and Missouri. Call me at 913-624-9547 or cell number 913-290-0938, or contact me by email today.