Families Are The Focus Of My Practice
I am attorney Kevin Stuart Cavanaugh, and I represent clients in the areas of family law and real estate law. With more than 25 years of experience behind me, I have the knowledge, skill and resources needed to help you achieve your goals.
A Comprehensive Family Law Practice
My family law practice is comprehensive in scope. I address a number of key concerns people face when their domestic lives undergo significant change.
- Divorce: Including high-conflict contested divorce. I’m happy to answer divorce-related questions and represent your best interests both in and out of court. If divorce matters become hostile or combative, it’s good to have strong, experienced representation. As your lawyer, I will advise you and tenaciously pursue your interests.
- Divorce After Age 50: Divorcing after a long-term marriage can present complex legal issues regarding alimony/spousal maintenance and property division.
- Temporary financial support orders: For people who are dependent upon their spouse’s income during the separation process prior to the final divorce alimony judgment.
- Paternity issues, child custody, parenting rights and child support: Both parents and children have significant custodial concerns when it comes to divorce. I staunchly support my clients as they make important decisions regarding custody and visitation. My firm is committed to making sure that children of divorce enjoy the quality of life they are accustomed to through court-ordered financial support.
- Modifying family law court judgments: Including out-of-state child relocation petitions, spousal support and child support orders.
Estate Planning And Elder Law
Protecting your family’s financial legacy is an important part of my practice. I offer services to help you with:
- Elder law: Including Medicaid planning to protect your family from the devastating cost of nursing home and long-term care. I can also help your family with guardianship and conservatorship petitions and protecting your loved one from financial fraud.
- Last wills and testaments: Including will modifications following a major life event such as a divorce, marriage, birth of a child or death of a loved one.
- Trusts: Including living trusts that allow you to decide how your assets are to be distributed to your loved ones while you are still alive. I can also help you set up a charitable trust to make sure some of your assets will continue to support a favorite religious organization or charitable organization upon your death.
- Advance directives: Including health care proxies, powers of attorneys and living wills to make your final wishes known to your family.
- Probate services: Including assisting your family with the final affairs of estate administration following the death of a loved one.
Efficient And Effective Residential Real Estate Services
My residential real estate practice is focused on addressing the needs of the communities in and around Kansas City. In an unsure market, it is important to have experienced legal backing.
I can help as both attorney and licensed real estate agent without additional cost to you.